Support Wildcat Haven
With your help we are extending the Wildcat Haven by:
- purchasing a network of reserves across the West Highlands managed as ideal wildcat habitat,
- conserving existing Wildcat habitat,
- creating & conserving natural Caledonian Forest ecosystem within which wildcats can thrive,
- encouraging wildcat prey species and other native species, and
- keeping out non-native species such as feral cats, something the team is, of course, adept at doing.
We are asking you to help us by actually buying part of the land we plan to conserve. Show your commitment to saving the Scottish wildcat. It’s a bit of fun, being Laird of an estate, even if the estate is only a square foot of land.
Supporting Wildcat Haven means supporting the future of wildcats: we are one of the best established, comprehensive and successful wildcat conservation efforts in the world and years ahead of any other effort for the Scottish wildcat, with a track record of highly cost-effective conservation focused directly on protecting the pure Scottish wildcat in the wild.
A few of the project achievements to date:
- First and only comprehensive, direct-action and active field conservation action plan for the pure Scottish wildcat
- First and only comprehensive genetic test for wildcat purity, and the first and only use of that test in the field
- First and only integrated feral cat neutering program aimed at humane removal of feral cats to benefit the wildcat
- World leading research into wildcat genetics, diseases and habitat use at the highest level of detail ever attempted
- First and only successful removal of feral cats across a large region via humane neutering ever achieved in Britain
- Geographically largest confirmed successful removal of feral cats via humane neutering ever achieved Worldwide
- Exceptional levels of integration with and support from local communities, businesses and other stakeholders
- Funded by private organisations, companies and individuals from around the world with no use of public funds
Adopt a Wildcat
Children love animals – and adopting a wildcat is a great way to help them grow up appreciating Scotland’s wildlife. It also makes a great gift for adults.
By adopting a wildcat, you can create a real connection between people and the wild creatures all around us. Adoptions directly help us protect the most important population of wildcats, in Aberdeenshire’s Clashindarroch Forest.
If you like the idea of adopting a wildcat, it couldn’t be simpler. Just click on this link www.wildcathaven.com/adopt. The adoption pack can be sent direct to the recipient or to you.
Support Wildcat Haven with your Donation
Donations to Wildcat Haven will be spent entirely on furthering our achievements and other aspects of the project such as neutering feral cats, studying wildcats, improving the health of the feline population and providing education and awareness of Scottish wildcats to the local community.
You can donate online through the secure Paypal system:
Send cheques to us, made payable to “Wildcat Haven” at:
PO Box 7059
We work with commercial businesses of all sizes in a range of ways including financial support and donation of equipment, services and other resources beneficial to the project and the Scottish wildcat often in return for promotion on our website, social networks or other materials. To discuss sponsorship opportunities with the project please contact us at [email protected].
Community Interest Companies area form of business designed to trade for the good of the community rather than to make a profit for the owners. The Companies (Audit, Investigations and Community Enterprise) Act 2004 and regulations made under the Act, establish the legislative framework for CICs. CICs are regulated by the CIC Regulator.